To be able to borrow books students / Staff need first to create an account at the Circulation Desk with a valid ID card. Students and staff (academic – admin) are allowed to borrow as following:
|Patrons||Borrowed Books||Borrowing period||Renewal**|
|Student||Up to 3 books||7 days||Patrons are allowed to renew for another period one time only|
|Academic Staff||Up to 5 books||15 days|
|Administrative Staff||Up to 5 books||10 days|
|Sunday - Thursday||9:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
Except for non-borrowing items (NB books, references, Journals, Periodicals, microforms, thesis, and special collection). Most GU Library items can be renewed, unless someone has placed a hold on a particular item. Renewals can be handle through email, personally or students can renew online.
Books can only behold (reserved) if they are on loan to another borrower, and no copy is available in the Library. Patrons can hold their books from the library.
When a reserved item is returned, an automated e-mail will be sent to the patron via our Library system. The book will be held on reserve for you at the library for 1 working day after its return then it will be available for the next patron.
Library fine policies
Any overdue item will be charged as the following:
- 5 L.E per item for each overdue working day (from Sunday to Thursday)
- Fridays and Saturday are official holidays excluded from the days counted.
- Maximum overdue fine is 150 L.E (30 working days)
- After 30 days of the item overdue, the item will be considered lost.
- If the book is lost or damaged the patron will pay for the replacement cost plus 25% of the current price of the item to cover the administrative overheads in addition to the previous overdue fines, or they can replace the book with a new one.
- If the student refuses to pay the amount of the fine, borrowing will be restricted until the fine is paid.