GU is committed to providing students with the highest level of teaching and education resources. GU library respects the rights of content creators and promotes compliance with the Egyptian copyright law (Law no. 82 of the year 2002). This includes the principle of fair use for educational purposes (article 171). which include:
Photocopying a single copy of the work by libraries that aim for profit - directly or indirectly - in any of the following cases:
- Photocopying a published article, a short work, or an extract from a work, whenever the purpose of copying is to meet the request of an individual to be used in a study or research, provided that this is done once or at varying intervals.
- Photocopying an article, a short work, or an extract from a work, if this is necessary for the purposes of teaching in educational facilities, with the following two conditions:
- The copy should be for one time at separate, unconnected times.
- The name of the author and the title of the work should be indicated on each copy.
- Photocopying a short part of a work in a written work or audio or video form for teaching purposes for the purpose of clarification or explanation, provided that the reproduction is within reasonable limits and does not exceed its purpose and that the name of the author and the title of the work is mentioned on all copies whenever possible.